The Unhallowed Grounds
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Unhallowed Grounds

A place dedicated to the players and GMs of all Tabletop RPGs!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

This one was classic

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

This one was classic Empty
PostSubject: This one was classic   This one was classic Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 3:20 pm

I was playing a 7th level ranger I believe and was traveling with an androgynous half orc and needing into a certain bar which was members only. The proof of membership was a talisman with a blue stone so the DM informed me after a rousing diplomacy check with a guard at the door. I find a man with said talisman and track him to the docks where my companion attempts to "seduce" him while I sweep around to flank him. He sees me flanking him (thanks failed hide check) but the site of the half orc before him keeps him from caring. I rush the man and tackle him into an alleyway near a fishery and demand he gives me his talisman. He cries in terror and and I discover his talisman isnt quite right. The design is a bit different and the stone is red. So here I am threatening an innocent man in broad daylight and I am at a loss. Noticing the nearby barrel labeled "herring" I pop the lid and I can deduce from the smell that this fish is pickling. I douse the poor man in the bottle of cheap liquor I had recently purchased and then put him upside down into the barrel. I heard the authorities coming and quickly escaped only to hear the poor man crying to the guards who believe him to be "starting a little early in the day". My DM later informed me that all this was because I failed a gather info check with the guard and he sent me on a wild goose chase. Turns out the poor man I had detained was a member of the bar/club but the proof needed was a pass phrase. Ahh what a day of adventuring that was.
Back to top Go down
https://theunhallowedgrounds.rpg-board.net

This one was classic
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Unhallowed Grounds :: Players :: Epic Wins... and Fails.-
Jump to: